Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Family Home Evening Skousen style...


Last night we held our weekly Family Home Evening, its a time where we set aside time to do SOMETHING as a family. In church our Bishop has asked us to try really hard to do this with each of our families. In my FAKE world I would love for it to run smoothly something like this, start with prayer, sing a song give a LESSON to the kids on something ANYTHING! go around ask them what there favorite thing was they did that day. End the night with a nice treat, read books, we say are night time prayers kids give us loves and they BOTH go off to ZZZ land.

well are night went something like this my parents came and had dinner with us, this is one reason I LOVE them living so close, I cleaned up dinner my mom gave them baths and then the fun starts. Ryker being a TRUE Boy is running around the house wont get his PJ's on finally I got some underwear on him. My parents leave I tell the kids to come sit down I have a story to tell them. Finally asking about 100 times they come sit down, Graycee and Ryker start fighting so I changed up the plans I said tonight for FHE we are going to do a talent show. Graycee starts it off with a nice dance session to Michael Jackson. Ryker gets up remember he is only in his underwear and does some of his dance moves. Weston starts to dance with him and Graycee goes into major melt down so we ended the night by breaking up there fight and them saying we were sorry for hitting and having them go straight to bed. Mark had to go in about 50 times and tell them stop doing this stop doing that and just GO TO BED!!! Mark and I end the night by having a nice bowl of ice cream and helping him study for his test coming up I know our life is CRAZY but its my life and I LOVE it! I love being home with my kids well most of the days...
I am EXCITED for what this year brings us.

No comments: