Monday, May 23, 2011

hanging up the fire hat.......





Dear Dad,
Gosh where do I even start? I can not believe that it is time for you to hang up the old fire hat. After 30 years of being on the Mesa Fire Department.



Dad you are a true example to me and my children, I am grateful they got the chance to live "LIFE" as a firefighter family does. Games in the bay,endless rides on the fire truck, spraying the water hose,turning the lights and sirens on. Graycee bringing her FRIENDS to the fire station for a TOUR of HER Papa's fire station.





DAD here are somethings that you have taught me:
be a hard worker, if you are going to do something do it the best you can and make sure you do it 110%.
DON'T GIVE UP.
Serve others.
be KIND to others
be yourself
LOVE ALWAYS
Be Honest
Family is EVERYTHING.








Memories I have of you being a firefighter:
Station 4
Station 9
Station 15
Dutra Family
Charity Events
Haz Mat
ARFF Team
basketball,volleyball,hind and seek in the bay
Station 1 fire pole
Christmas Eve
waiting for you to return from a call
Mesa day Parade
"Corn Field Story"
Haunted House
Brown Family
spraying the hose
rides on the fire truck
book report on being YOU
The Hart Family
wheelchair games
special Olympics
The Pursley Family
Fire fighter of the year
Charles Lester Award
your crew
The Jane family
firefighter luncheon
union hall
Washington D.C
everyone at station 15
B shift
The Miller Family
nap time 1 to 3
training center
stories of calls you went on
* RYKER saying "FIRETRUCK"

THANK YOU dad for sharing these 30 years with me, I will be forever be grateful and to all his crews he has been with THANK YOU for becoming part of are family. I will miss the hours we have spent at each one of those stations, to the people we have met at charity events THANK YOU for the memories we have all have made.
I am HONORED to tell people my dad is a FIREFIGHTER!
these last 30 years have been quite a RIDE, but I know everything must come to an end.
You deserve it!
enjoy being retired!

with much LOVE,
Annie

No comments: